2009/07/20

Storm at the peak of Mount Fuji

I have posted this stuff in my other blog in Bahasa Indonesia. This posting is just an English version, because I'm just to tired (or lazy) to make a new vision.

This year is my second time to do (富士登山) (Fujitozan - climb mount Fuji) after I did it before at 2005 without any satisfaction, because I couldn't make it to watch sunrise from the peak of mount Fuji. It was cloudy and I found that the peak had shrouded with mist that you would never saw anything beyond 5 meters. So this year, I join my other 3 mates to conquer mount Fuji and fulfill my hope to watch the sunrise from the peak.

Maybe our preparations were not very good, at least I have been checked the weather forecast that during our climb schedule days, the weather will be 曇り時々晴れ (cloudy occasionally clear). I hope that the clear weather will overcome the cloudy. Everything seems to be fine and we were starting to climb about 7 o'clock in afternoon from 五合目 (Gogoume - the fifth station), Fujinomiya. Nothing special happen during our climb until we were arriving at 九合目 (Kyuugoume - the ninth station) when the storm has come. One of my friend feels not so well and decided to quit and wait until the storm over then return to Gogoume. The rest three of us, including me, still curious to conquer the mount even in the rainstorm and keep our trudge continued.


At the peak of mount Fuji. Shrouding by rainstorm

We were reaching the 3776 meters of mountain peak and found that rainstorm was not passing over yet, it was more and more wilder than before and forced us sheltering in a Jinja (Shinto's shrine) with another hikers. After waiting 5 hours and there was no sign that the rainstorm will over yet, we decide to hike down before dusk and dark have shrouding us and make it harder to trek down the mountain.


During hiking down. Storm was not passing over yet

Slowly but sure, we set out from the Jinja and trek down step by step toward Kyuugoume, Hachigoume and finally Nanagoume. From Nanagoume, pouring rain has became drizzled although it still strong wind but our trek was getting easier. At Gogoume, we reunite with our friend that had return earlier and all of us can go home from rainstorm at the peak of mount Fuji safe and sound.

How about watch sunrise from mount Fuji's peak? Just forget it! We didn't find a clear weather, let alone watch the sunrise. Glad to reach my dormitory without any serious injury, only some scratches and contusion on my knee. Well, I think I will hate stairs for three days, at least. :(

NB.
I found this news later and it happened at the same day with our climbing day. I feel very lucky that I am still breathing right now. Thanks God....

1 komentar:

Budaya Pop mengatakan...

what a wonderful place