2009/01/08

Bokura no kenkyusitsu (僕らの研究室)

I don’t know what kind of topic that I want to write in this blog, so.... by this opportunity I want to introduce our research lab to you. The meaning of title above is "Our Research Laboratory".


Almost all of our lab members gathering for welcome party at the 2nd floor laboratory

It is a material science research group located in Hamamatsu Japan, supervised by two professors Suzuki-sensei and Wakiya-sensei plus one associate Sakamoto-sensei. The laboratory consist 4th year under graduate students and graduate students (master and doctor degree) and a special student status, kenkyuusei (research student). Well, I was a research student for 1 year before because of my lack knowledge about material science (I got bachelor degree from chemistry) and I was need an introduction course to material science and also Japanese language through research student time. Perhaps it’s a kind of matriculation.


Members of 3rd floor student room

By the way, I am the only non Japanese student in my lab, but everybody in here is very helpful to me. They never refuse to help me for my annoying question about language or even the experiment itself. Well, thanks so much guys. From October 2008 to January 2009, Hana Ursic a doctoral student from Slovenia visit us as visitor researcher and make me not the only one foreigner in this lab for 3 months. Since I didn't meet her and say farewell when she return to Ljubljana Slovenia, I dedicating this posting for our say good bye to her.

After 飲み会 (nomikai) - a kind of drinking party for Hana

Andori, Ookushi, Iwasaki, Uchida, Murase, and Sawamura

Just like another research lab activity, we have routine seminars, experiments, etc. But I want to talk about our non-research activities in here. You can see in the picture that we held bounenkai and shinnenkai (party around new year), welcome party for new member, karaoke or even softball competition.


For the first time that our lab team got the softball winner cup ( 2008 ) in Aichi province

Well, I never play softball or baseball before I came to Japan, but I have fun when I played it for the first time. You know that baseball or 野球 (yakyuu) in Japanese is the most famous team-sport game in Japan while soccer/football is the second. When I was playing in the game, I didn't know the rule even a little bit. My friends told me just hit the ball as possible I can and then run to base that located on my right side. Hahahaha....funny and interesting.


Everybody eat from 鍋 (nabe) a kind of japanese pan for preparing hot dishes (vegetables, mushroom, kimchi, meat, etc) especially in winter


2 komentar:

Anonim mengatakan...

waaaaah kangen aku sama suasana kampus seperti itu hiks...

akemashite omedetou gozaimasu

EM

AndoRyu mengatakan...

Lah, bukannya katanya masih dikampus? kalau bukan yang diajar, yah jadi pengajar. Suasananya beda kali yah???

Akemashite omedeto gozaimasu juga.
Kotoshi mo Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu yah...